Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What You Focus on Grows

In yoga practice, we begin to focus on learning poses, then realizing that there is more we have not explored about ourselves: body, our mind, our spirit, than we realized.  Each day my practice is to direct my mind to what I can do, what I want to create, rather than my fears.  This is not easy today.  Today I wake up and know that there are many obligations I have.  There are bills to pay, a business to grow, and my studio has been too quiet the past few months.  I have woken up like this almost everyday for the past 4 years.  Every day I shift my attention to what I can create to make a difference in the lives of those I meet.

If you are reading this, you are someone who cares about these things too.  So lets focus on this together.  What kind of life do you want?  What kind of world do you want to live in?  I find that when I talk with people about this, whoever is present gets excited about new possibilities.  So today, start a conversation with someone.  Tell them your dreams.  Your dreams will remain dormant unless you share them.

My dream is to see a thriving yoga business in my studio, to see many people coming in and out, sharing their joy in their yoga practice.  These people go home and their joy spreads to their families.  These families go out into their own lives and activities and the joy is then exponentially spread!  Get excited about your dreams and talk about them.  What a world we do live in!  A world in which our perceptions are what creates our realities.  If you want to get inspired, just look around you!  There is a world of inspiration waiting for you to just look!  Here is a video that inspired me yesterday:  Biker

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment